We are frequently asked about what this service is and exactly what you can expect to get from it, and how it helps you prepare your property for sale.
First let me say, that it is important to understand our definition of a home staging consultation. There are as many definitions as there are home staging companies.
A Home Matters consultation is a customized assessment of your home that takes into consideration the typical buyer demographic profile to make recommendations and solutions for preparing your property for the staging phase of the selling process. It is not a generic checklist but rather involves the knowledge of home improvements, design trends and principles as well as tried and true staging strategies and best practices. Our consultations include the following:
- A 2 hour overall assessment of your home, including curb appeal.
- Room by room recommendations for preparing your home for staging.
- Color analysis.
- Fixture and Finish recommendations.
- Repair, replacement and updating recommendations.
- Room layout and furniture editing recommendations.
- Pre-sell packing recommendations.
- Storage solutions.
- Detail cleaning and refreshing recommendations to include odor remedies, if necessary.
- Pet best practices during the sale of your home.
- Showing instructions while living in your home.
- Recommendations of tradesmen that might be of service to you in helping you with the preparing part of the staging process.
Another frequently asked question is; “Why would you need to return to stage my home, if I’ve already done the preparation part?”
If you do all of the recommendations, you certainly have improved your homes marketable position among the competition, but is it enough?
When you place your home on the market you have in essence entered a competition. Among those competitors there will be homes that sell quickly and for top dollar, there will be homes that sell at some point and for a discounted price and there will be homes that don’t sell at all. What determines your competitive positioning or ranking, is in the strength or weakness of your competitors.
When the team at Home Matters returns to stage your prepared home, we are looking past the preparation recommendations and are now focusing on a much higher level of property presentation. We are then considering such things as;
- Determining the creative schematic of your home, including Buyer demographics, Psychographics and Geographic’s.
- Design principals and trends.
- Identifying and addressing awkward spaces.
- Augmenting with just the right lifestyle furnishings, if needed.
- Maximizing square footage and room flow.
- Distributing visual weight.
- Balancing sight lines.
- Maximizing views.
- Distribution of Lighting.
- Utilizing the appropriate scale, colors and textures that pull the rooms together.
- Adding more perceived value to your homes presentation.
Before Staging After Staging
Once a home owner decides to sell their home regardless of the reason, the speed of the sale and the equity they retain becomes their goal. That is, in fact the goal of Home Matters too. We believe it is important to give our clients every opportunity to execute the preparation part of the staging plan. We look forward to helping them set the scene so they can seal the deal.
Plan Today for a Successful Sale Tomorrow because your Home Matters!