By now, if you read our Indianapolis Home Staging blog you know that vacant homes are not the only homes that need a little bit of additional help during the listing process. Recently we even dedicated a blog to showcasing our array of services for lived in homes. Some agents are still surprised to find out that we have a package that allows us to quickly get your occupied homes up and ready for market in very little time.
Our new occupied staging packages
Indianapolis area agents are accustomed to calling us for consultations prior to putting their listings on the market. A common issue has been that sometimes it’s just too long for the seller to complete the necessary work, or that they have no time to do it. Because of this we have introduced a package that allows agents to prepay for not only a few hours of staging work but also include a supply of fill in accessories for the main rooms of the home.
With this new enhancement package, the Realtor can now make it easy for both the seller and themselves by having the main rooms ready to go the same day that the consultation for the remainder of the home is scheduled. Rather than us coming to do a full consultation, we’ll be prepared to move furniture, rehang artwork and accessorize so the listing is ready for its close up in days rather than weeks. Because we know that agents may want to offer this service to their customers as part of their listing services, we’ve kept the fees to a low flat rate. This way it is predictable for your marketing budget.
Why occupied homes need home staging too….
In case you’ve somehow missed our occupied home staging blogs in the past, let me remind you of some of the important reasons to stage your occupied listings.
- Sellers don’t always live in the optimal way the home is designed. EX: Rather than having a breakfast area, some families may opt to make this space a homework station complete with bulky computer desks and electronics.
- Sellers may have decorating taste, both good and bad, that can become a distraction for home buyers.
- Sellers may not be able to think outside of the way they have lived in the space for many years to see the possibilities of flow, floor plan, and function and how it relates to today’s buyer.
- Sellers may be significantly different in age or other demographic than the likely buyer. This could deter buyers from being able to see the potential of the home.
- Clean lines and proper furniture and art placement will help the home to show better in photos, increasing the amount of traffic that it gets when it hits the market.
- Staged homes look better in photos than non staged homes, increasing the online traffic.
For more information about our occupied or vacant home staging options, call Home Matters today!